I never expected to CO SLEEP this long.... Symptômes de grossesse à ne jamais ignorer, Moyens naturels pour déclencher l'accouchement, We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the. So thankful. I hope somebody else will come along with some more practical advice for you, OP. This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. Cheshire If you have been incorrectly told that the accuracy of your result is 99% without a proper Predictive Value calculation please report this somewhere as this actually leads to wrongful terminations of pregnancies in that office. My husband keeps saying my OB said something along the same lines but it was all white noise to me once he said the NT was abnormal. This updates the flair on your username IN THIS SUB ONLY. The challenge we have with Amnio in South Africa is that it costs the earth ! I have been looking at the Downs Syndrome website for information in preparation. Most babies with DS are in fact born to younger women, btw. Please place POST FLAIR on your actual post. But as the conditions affect less than 1% of all children born, a dummy test that gave everybodya low chance result would be 99% accurate. At one point she told me see its hand is open, I'm like okay why is that good. Amniocentesis after negative NIPT? Or do I need a definitive answer? Learn more about, 6 Moms Share Their Real Prenatal Testing Stories, Amnio Decision - for those who have done it. My OB is sending me to MFM for furthering testing (CVS or Amnio) and an echocardiogram. They think an NT that high can’t be explained as an anomaly on its own. My doctor told me 1-2 out of 300 will miscarry after amniocentesis. All the best, Hope for the best . And medical aid will not cover the costs for any of it unless the NIPT comes back as positive. Please read top 2 pinned posts & automod message for information about the screen and your result. SK9 7HR, Harley Street: Just wanted to give you an update.After speaking with the consultant they said the amnio 99% of the time comes back positive after a NIPT test has been positive. We received the results of our NIPT last Friday and everything came back negative. Very quick. We strive to provide you with a high quality community experience. junebug121 - i hope your little one is perfectly healthy and that you aren't too stressed. I know it's worse when you have something specific to worry about but I think all mums worry. As we are keeping the baby we have decided to wait til after 30 weeks to have the amnio done so there is no risk of miscarriage. We had a high combined risk of 1 in 13, but our NIPT was low risk and 20 scan seemed all good. I feel like that’s a good sign to hold onto. We got a positive NIPT last week for Trisomy 13 and have been in a state of grief ever since. This post is meant as a welcome and quick information / resources to those who have just found this sub. Zoe - I am 33 weeks pregnant. I also had regular ultrasounds and nothing was wrong. I saw Kate throughout my first pregnancy and am now doing so again with my second. Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters. Which is exciting and also very scary!I must admit that I have been nervous for the majority of my pregnancy. I opted not to do further genetic testing. It’s been an intensely long week, but I’m relieved we are one step closer to having some answers. She was fantastic. My story starts at the beginning of this year when my husband... Find advice, support, and good company (and some stuff just for fun). Learning new things everyday. It was tumbling around a lot. Talk widget showing discussions of the day & trending threads, Subscribe to Mumsnet emails direct to your inbox. To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet. I have some chromosome issues and also a uterus didelphys. These appointments can feel uneasy and make you feel anxious but I felt reassured and in professional hands the whole time. Every staff member that myself and my husband have come into contact with have been approachable, professional and friendly. I am worried since Thursday. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. I would highly recommend coming here. ' Doctor says it's much more accurate than the integrated IPS screening and after I got the results back I was relieved and decided to wait for the anatomy scan. I’m not nearly as religious as my parents, but it has been sort of therapeutic for me to pray during my pregnancy. I’m in the same boat as you. Highly recommended ' And s/he absolutely will do all those things and more. We explained the situation and was treated very professionally and with good care. I wouldn't do amnio if the NIPT result is negative. I have another scan at 16 weeks to monitor. If one of the first two were positive or high risk I would consider an amnio. DS1 is the best thing that ever happened to me.This is just me wittering and it must seem very distant from what you're feeling right now. Please also place a flair on your username which can be done by going to the right side of the sub -- community options -- and update username flair. Community for those with abnormal or discordant Noninvasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT/NIPS) screening results: FALSE POSITIVE, FALSE NEGATIVE, TRUE POSITIVE & those stuck in limbo. The doctor checked baby very carefully and measured an NT of around 1.9, and did not find any fluid in the abdomen. They determined that my little girl has a minor heart defect and would like to do an amnio to see if this is part of a larger genetic condition. She now loves him more than she loves me. I can honestly say that despite the good news from the amniocentesis, the NIPT result has put a huge dark cloud over my pregnancy and I have had to seek counselling for my anxiety. It’s hard not to feel as though all the joy has been sucked out of our pregnancy. I would ask your doctor for a recommendation, especially since there is a risk of miscarriage from amnio. 10/17 Update: Tuesday we had a consult with a genetic counselor and she mentioned the measurements on my records said the NT was 2.9, NOT 3.9! I too have felt like I must be doing something wrong or my body isn't providing a place where he can thrive.I know deep down this isn't true though. He’s 4 months and perfectly healthy! If only I lived in London and could have all my scans with you! Last Menstrual Period: 15-12-2016, Search Scan By Name: Early Pregnancy Scan Having a learning disability doesn't mean you can't learn, it just means you go about it a bit differently and you have to start early. She is absolutely amazing, she explains everything really clearly, and has answered all sorts of bizarre questions and worries I have had. This is a much better thing than only finding out days or weeks after the birth when the baby goes blue.Heart surgery seems so huge, doesn't it? Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. Hey there, thank you for visiting the sub. My inbox is open for you if you need to talk . I guess the main message is that T21 is not a disease and people who have it don't suffer from it. I think i am a little scared as it is very much the unknown with my family. I’m a NICU nurse and feel as though my world has been utterly crushed. Thats all i think when they told me my baby is small. I'm not sure how much you would really need to explain; just be breezy and positive while also being matter-of-fact and others will follow your lead. Had the Panorama. Obviously we're hoping that he is just a small baby. The sonographer was ready as soon as I arrived, and she was extremely calming, personable and professional. I just wish it was easier not to blame myself. I don't want to add unnecessary risk. My doctor has recommended another blood test at 18 weeks to check for neural tube defects, but she has not suggested amnio. They're all bouncing around like puppies these days. Shahrzad was fantastic and went through the whole anomaly scan thoroughly, explaining everything and looking in detail at each area. Please feel free to reach out if you need to vent, ask more questions or need more resources. Obviously I suggest amnio, microarray and noonans panel for you to be sure but hoping all is well. Amniocentesis and non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) are two very different techniques that are used to check for the same thing. After speaking with the consultant they said the amnio 99% of the time comes back positive after a NIPT test has been positive. My mom always says to just say a prayer. We'll tell you how it works and what results really mean. I don't want to do amnio because the baby was so active during the ultrasound and don't want it to get hurt.